London shop tour: Vintage Heaven + Cake Hole

Contributor post by Andrea from lotus events / Got Craft?


Somewhere between vintage Pyrex and old kitchen utensils with wooden painted handles, Robert and I realized that we were both head over heels in love with vintage crockery. While I thrift through flea market stalls, Robert stays busy searching through kitchy utensils and assorted kitchenware. This is how we came across Vintage Heaven, and really, it is just that!






Imagine shelves upon shelves of things for your home such as silveware, china tea sets, mason jars, melamine and vintage linens. Everything in Vintage Heaven is from owner, Margaret Willis' personal collection. You see, she's been obsessed with kitchen items since childhood, and over the years, she got to the point where she just had to start "getting rid" of things in her garage and storage units.



Make sure you head to the back of the shop to find the Cake Hole. Run by Margaret's daughter Louise, this is the perfect place for a cream tea and to get away from the hustle and bustle of Columbia Road on a Sunday (avoid crowds by visiting on Saturdays!). Ana Maria and I had a nice sit down over some tea and scones with strawberry jam and Devonshire cream on our last visit. Cake and secondhand enamelware? The best of both worlds I tell you!

Vintage Heaven + Cake Hole, 82 Columbia Road, London E2 7QB

................................................................................

Andrea is a Vancouver native currently living in London, UK that has a love for handmade indie craft, independent shops, travel,  and vintage goods. Find her online here: blog | twitter | facebook

photo credit: Ana Maria is a flea market fanatic with a knack for diy, she shares her vintage finds, crafty endeavors, and travel adventures on her personal lifestyle blog.

Jan Halvarson

17 comments:

wayefaring said...

Wow!!!! this is now on my must visit list.... thank you for sharing this little treasure!! xx nadine xx

Anonymous said...

Definitely the best of both worlds! Margaret's sweetness really makes this space extra special.

Design Blooms said...

I could easily spend an entire day in that place! Love the idea!

Tulips & Tulle said...

This is amazing! I'd love it if you could stop by Tulips&Tulle sometime!

Littletree Designs // Rebecca said...

Oooh Im definitley going to visit next time im in london!x

Zenobie (Queen of Carrot Flowers) said...

your blog is wonderful! I have been to the flower market many times but never stop to look round the shops as they are always so ram packed on Sundays. I will definitely be heading back soon

Where My Heart Is said...

I just love this shop and went twice last year when I was in London. I bought a lots of beautiful vintage plates and a cake stand and then had to carry them all in my hand luggage back to Australia (only one fatality:)). I love that they sell everything individually.

Col | Hello Olive Designs said...

It looks amazing! Good thing I live in a whole other hemisphere as I'd probably bankrupt myself in that shop :-)

Anonymous said...

The porcelain really look nice and the utensils.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! The cake hole is so cute and cozy looking. Wishing I was in London right about now :)

http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/01/and-im-loving-minty-green.html

fee @ chipper nelly said...

drool....
fee x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is just what I've been looking for! Piles of lovely china and old crockery, with tea and cake in the vicinity... my idea of a perfect afternoon out.
This is now in my diary, thanks for sharing!
Gaelle
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is just what I've been looking for! Piles of lovely china and old crockery, with tea and cake in the vicinity... my idea of a perfect afternoon out.
This is now in my diary, thanks for sharing!
Gaelle
:-)

Unknown said...

That place does look like heaven! I bet one could spend hours there and never want to leave:)

Stephanie P said...

I love vintage things.

http://palermobakery.com/

kickpleat said...

Andrea, this is totally my kind of shop!! And a tea & cake stand in the back? Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Saturday.

Carly said...

Wow! This place looks amazing!
Have a Suneday!
Carly